The Coords Preserve
In December of 2005, Priscilla S. Coords who served as Warren's Town Clerk from 1969 through 1981 made one more contribution to our town, when she and her two children Barbara and Deane S. Coords donated 31.755 acres to the Warren Land Trust.
Mrs. Coords was quoted as saying, "We love this town. We moved here in 1949 and have wonderful memories of our life in the country. Our donation is our thank you to the people of Warren."
The property off Angevine Road in the old Town Hill section, which was once the center of the town, consists of woodlands and a brook as well as an easement to a pond retained by the Coords family.
The rear of the property and much of its northerly boundary, is adjacent to Wyantenock State Forest. The southerly boundary is along City Hill Road, which was abandoned by the town in 1905.
Mrs. Coords and her husband Deane M. Coords originally purchased the property with an early American farmhouse at 145 Angevine Road, when they moved to Warren from New York City. The family will be retaining the farmhouse and acreage along Angevine Road.
The gift was accepted by Tom Paul the then-President of Warren Land Trust.